Burn Ban Information

This Okanogan County Emergency Management webpage will be the official host page for all the burn ban/restriction information for all unincorporated parts of Okanogan County.

A County Wide Burn Ban prohibiting ALL outdoor burning including campfires will be in effect August 12, 2022 12:01 AM (midnight) 

  • NO field/pile/rubbish/rule/slash/yard vegetation or non-emergent agricultural burning on private lands within Okanogan County.
  • Campfires/Recreational Fires are NOT allowed.

Please read the entire resolution for specifics and definitions pertaining to the County Wide Burn Ban.           

Okanogan County Commissioners Resolution 114 - 2022


This resolution does not apply to areas within city limits, silvicultural burning on lands, regulated solely by DNR’s outdoor burning rules and regulations, fire in DNR recreation sites and campgrounds, or on U.S. Forest Service protected lands and within the Colville Reservation.  The DNR, U.S. Forest Service and Colville Tribes may have similar burn restrictions/ban in effect.  Some private parcels may also have DNR restrictions if it includes a DNR Fire Tax Assessment.  This can be found on County Tax Statements.


Check with your city or town for burning rules/restrictions.

On the Colville Reservation contact Mt. Tolman Fire Center for burning rules/restrictions, 509-634-3100.

Visit the DNR Website for their fire danger and outdoor burning restrictions for lands managed by DNR.

(DNR burning restrictions may apply to your private property if you are assessed a DNR Fire Control tax. This can be found on your county tax statement).

Visit the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest or the Colville National Forest Websites for fire danger and outdoor burning restrictions for lands managed by the Forest Service.

For Air Quality burn bans go to DOE and climate information.

Fireworks are Illegal in unincorporated areas of the county. County Code

If you do see a wildfire call 911 or Okanogan County Sheriff's Dispatch at 509-422-7232 option 4.

REMEMBER when reporting a wildfire Location, Location, Location, know your surroundings.

DNR 1-800-323-BURN(2876)

U.S. Forest Service Tonasket Ranger District  509-486-2186
U.S. Forest Service Methow Valley Ranger District  509-996-4003

Colville Confederated Tribes (Mt. Tolman)  509-634-3100