Frequently Asked Questions

Concealed Pistol Licenses

Where do I go to apply for a CPL?

If you reside in the county you go to the Sheriff's Office at 123 5th Avenue North, Grainger Administration Bldg., 2nd Floor, Okanogan. If you reside within the city limits of a municipality you may apply at the local police department or the Sheriff's Office.   For more information see our Concealed Pistol License page

How much does a CPL cost?
The fees are as follows:

  • Original CPL w/ fingerprints $53.00
  • CPL Renewal $32.00
  • CPL Late Renewal $42.00

If the CPL has been expired for ninety days or more your application will be considered an original. All fees are governed by the State of Washington RCW 9.41.070

Police Reports

How do I request police reports maintained by the Sheriff's Office?

Public Records Requests should be made through the Next Request Portal. The portal is located on the Okanogan County homepage, under the forms menu. You can contact the records department of the Okanogan County Sheriff's Office, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM to make a request for public records. A case incident or report number is always helpful. RCW 42.17 governs the disclosure of public records. We can be reached at (509 )422-7200 , via fax 422-7217, or via e-mail

Can jail photos be disclosed to the public?

No, per RCW 70.48.100 booking photos are considered confidential.

Dance / Boating permits

Where do I get a dance permit?
Dance permits are issued by the Sheriff of Okanogan County, for areas in the county outside of incorporated cities or towns. You shall apply for a dance permit not less than 24 hours or more than 90 days prior to the date of the dance. Security for your event must be provided.
Why do I need a boating permit?
A boating permit is needed for regattas, motorboat or other boat races, or other similar events in Okanogan County. A permit shall be applied for at least 10 days in advance of the date of the event. Each permit application shall be accompanied by a fee of $25.00, a hold harmless agreement, a performance bond of not less than $5,000.00 and proof of liability insurance for $1,000,000.00.

Landlord / Tenant issues

How do I evict my tenant?

The Sheriff's Office cannot provide legal advice. We have copies of the Landlord / Tenant Laws available in our lobby. You can also get them from the website of the Attorney General's website

What are my rights as a Landlord / Tenant?
We have copies of the Landlord / Tenant Laws available in the lobby. You can also get them from the website of the Attorney General's website

Vehicle Accidents

How do I report an accident that did not require law enforcement response and or reporting?
You would report your accident on a Civilian Accident Report. These reports can be found at your local police department, State Patrol officer or in the lobby at the Sheriff's Office.