Property Tax Exemption

Senior Citizen/Disabled Person Tax Exemption Program

You may qualify for an exemption from all or part of your property tax on your residence if you meet the following qualifications:

  • You are at least 61 years of age or permanently disabled (unable to pursue an occupation).
  • You own and occupy a house, mobile home or unit of a cooperative housing association.
  • You and your spouse or co-tenant(s) has a combined gross income (including social security benefits) of $ 40,000 or less.

The exemption varies depending on your income.  To obtain an application or have more questions, contact us.

Single Family Dwelling Improvement Exemption  (RCW 84.36.400) (WAC 458-16-080)

You may be able to file an exemption from property taxes on any physical improvement to your home.

  • This exemption would be for three assessment years.
  • The exemption must be filed prior to completion of the addition/improvement.
  • You must receive and file the form with the County Assessor in the county that the property is located.
  • The amount of the exemption shall not exceed 30% of the value of the dwelling prior to the improvements.
  • This exemption shall not be allowed on the same dwelling more than once every five years.


Click here to email the Assessor