Foreclosure / Surplus
FORECLOSURE SALE DATE: December 16, 2022
TIME: 9:00 AM
PLACE: OKANOGAN COUNTY COMMISSIONERS HEARING ROOM,
123 FIFTH AVE N., OKANOGAN, WA 98840
THIS SALE IS BY PUBLIC AUCTION ONLY: All sales will be made by auction to the highest and best bidder for cash. Only cash or Cashier’s Checks made payable to Okanogan County Treasurer for the full amount of the highest and best bid plus and additional $215.00 Affidavit and Processing fee will be accepted.
NOTE: The parcels are offered on a “Where Is” and “As Is” basis and the County makes no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, nor any guarantee of warranty, expressed or implied, as to the condition of the title or any property, nor the physical condition of any property or it’s fitness for any use or purposes. Bidders are further advised that certain properties may be subject to easements or use restrictions set forth in the covenants, rights, and restrictions of certain plats, as well as any zoning and other land use controls.
TERMS OF SALE
THE 2022 TAX FORECLOSURE LISTING WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE OKANOGAN VALLEY GAZETTE-TRIBUNE
- All sales will be made by auction to the highest and best bidder. ONLY CASH, CASHIER’S CHECK, OR CERTIFIED CHECK made payable to OKANOGAN COUNTY TREASURER for the full amount of the highest and best bid equal to the minimum bid will be accepted. The amount paid must also include $215.00 for Deed and Recording fees. (NO PERSONAL CHECKS, BUSINESS CHECKS OR CREDIT CARD CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED)
- All bidders must register their name, address, phone number and signature on the registration form. Every person or their agent will be assigned a bidder number to participate in the tax foreclosure auction. The bidder must hold up their bidder card number and clearly call out the bid amount. Bids must be made in increments of no less than $100.00 in even dollar amounts.
- Individual parcels sold in the Tax Foreclosure Auction shall be considered final and closed upon acceptance of the winning bid. EACH SUCCESSFUL BIDDER MUST BE PREPARED TO PAY IN FULL IMMEDIATELY AFTER WINNING THE BID. No time will be allowed for bidders to leave the auction to get funds. NOTE: Any amount paid over the total due will be refunded with an Okanogan County Treasurer check. The Okanogan County Treasurer refund check may be used to apply towards payment of another awarded bid during the auction, if needed. If payment is not tendered, the defaulting bidder will be excluded from bidding on that parcel to be re-auctioned immediately. The bidding will again start at the original minimum bid. After the awarded bid is paid, the auction will continue to the next parcel.
- The parcels are offered on a “Where is” and “As is” basis, and the County makes no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, nor any guarantee of warranty, expressed or implied, as to the condition of title or any property, nor the physical condition of any property or its fitness for any use or purposes. Bidders are further advised that certain properties may be subject to easements or use restrictions set forth in the Covenants, Rights and Restrictions of certain plats, as well as in zoning and other land use controls. Certain parcels are designated as “Open Space,” “Open Area,” permanent “Open Area,” “Common Area,” or similar designations, and are subject to open space restrictions which include, but are not limited to, prohibitions on placing improvements on such parcels. It shall be the buyer’s responsibility to make this determination. Any parcel purchased with an open space or designated forest land classification and is not going to be continued may be subject to open space removal taxes and penalties. Contact the Okanogan County Assessor’s office for an estimate of the removal penalties.
- No one claiming any right, title, interest, or estate in the property may redeem at this time or hereafter; EXCEPT, the real property of any minor or insane person may be redeemed at any time within three years after the date of the Tax Deed.
- No County employee or officer, or person who is an immediate family member of and residing with a County employee may bid at the sale, nor may such person bid as an agent or allow any agent to bid on their behalf.
- These sales may be subject to special assessment liens of other taxing districts and competing federal liens not extinguished by this sale or homeowners associations, whether known or unknown. Where known, City LID liens will be announced. This Sale is also subject to easements of record.
- Any proceeds from any sale in excess of the minimum bid will be held by the County Treasurer for three (3) years, to be refunded upon proper application of claim by the record owner.
- If you are the successful bidder on any parcel, list your name, address, and zip code exactly as it should appear on your receipt and Deed. A Treasurer’s Tax Deed will be issued within thirty (30) days of the sale, recorded with the County Auditor and mailed to the purchaser.
- 2023 First Half taxes are delinquent on May 1, 2023. You will be mailed a current 2023 Tax Statement on or around February 15, 2023, for any parcels you purchase at the name and address provided for on the Tax Deed. If you have not received a 2023 statement by March 1, 2023, contact our office at (509)422-7180.