Board of Equalization

To appeal your property tax valuation, visit the County Board of Equalization.
For further information, contact the Okanogan County Assessor or the Clerk of the Okanogan County Board of Equalization.

Frequently Asked Questions

Should you contact the County Assessor's Office first?
Yes, you are encouraged to contact the County Assessor's Office to review your revaluation any time you have a question regarding your property value. Property owners can often settle disagreements at this level without continuing the appeal process. If, after talking with the Assessor's Office staff, you feel that you need to continue the process, you need to timely file a petition with the Okanogan County Board of Equalization.
Where can I get an appeal form?
You can download the Appeals Packet, or request it from the Clerk of the Board of Equalization at (509) 422-7100. If you prefer, you can also request the packet through the mail: 
Okanogan County Board of Equalization
123 5th Avenue North, Room 150
Okanogan, WA 98840
When is the deadline for filing?

The deadline for filing is either July 1 of the assessment year or within 30 days of when the change of value notice was mailed by the Assessor's Office, whichever date is later of the calendar year.  If you mail your petition, it must be postmarked by midnight of the deadline.

When do I receive a Change of Value Notice?

The County Assessor will send a notice when the appraised value of your property changes.  The County Assessor values real property annually, with a physical inspection once every six years.  After determining the value, the Assessor will mail a Change of Value Notice.  The notice will indicate the appraised value of land and improvements.  It will also state the date the notice was mailed.

When will I have a hearing?

The Clerk of the Okanogan County Board of Equalization will notify you of the location, date, and time of your scheduled hearing.