Click on job title above for complete job description and job requirements.
Okanogan County is offering a one-time $4,500 signing bonus for newly hired employees!
To provide at least three (3) meals a day, served at regular intervals. The operation and cleaning of the
kitchen area. Responsible for food purchasing, storage, planning and preparation and maintains the
security of the facility’s kitchen
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Plans menus to where the inmates receive a nutritional, balanced, variety of meals three times a day,
seven days a week.
• Assists with purchases, receives and maintains all equipment for the operation of the Food Services
Section of the corrections facility.
• Receives, prepares and stores all food items for inmate consumption.
• Instructs the trustees in the performance of meal preparation in the absence of the Food Service
Manager, the cleaning of the kitchen area, the service of food and the return of all utensils issued at the
time of meal consumption.
• Sees that all kitchen laundry is properly laundered and returned to the kitchen.
• Keeps records of the menu served and the number of meals served.
• Serves meals to the inmates of the correctional facility and the work release area.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
• Have, or be able to obtain within 30 days, a food handler card
• Washington State Driver's License
• H.S. graduate or G.E.D.
• 21 years of age
• U.S. Citizen
• Applicant cannot have been convicted of any felonies.
• Background investigation, psychological and polygraph exams conducted on successful candidates.
(Hiring is provisional, based on outcome of psychological evaluation.)
• Applicant must have been employed as a cook for two continuous years in a high volume facility such as
a school, nursing home, hospital or large restaurant etc.
Starting salary is $20.39 per hour with a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, sick and annual leave accruals.
TESTING LOACATION: 123 5th Ave N, Room 150 Okanogan, WA 98840
APPLICATION DEADLINE: A Civil Service Application must be completed along with a cover letter and resume. Application may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered in person to:
123 5th Ave N, Room 150 Okanogan, WA 98840
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications packets are accepted on a continuous basis. This position requires a Civil Service Test. In order to test please submit application by TBD
Test Date: TBD
Location: Commissioners hearing room 123 5th Ave North Okanogan, WA 98840
*There is no COVID-19 vaccination requirement for a position with the Okanogan County Sheriff's Office.
Okanogan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact : Vicky Poole, Civil Service Examiner Email email@example.com or Phone (509) 422-7169
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled