Water Testing Information
|Holiday||Water Testing Lab CLOSED|
|Christmas||Closed MON 12/26/22
|New Year's||Closed MON 01/02/23*
A water sample bottle station is available just inside the first set of doors of the Okanogan County Public Health District (OCPHD) office in Okanogan where empty water sample test bottles and forms can be picked up, or water samples can be dropped off into a cooler. Water samples can also be dropped off at your local City Hall for pick-up on the first Monday of each month -- see the Water Sample Pickup table below for more details!
- Coliform / Bacteria
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. ~ 3:00 p.m.
- Instructions about how to fill out a lab slip for a Coliform water sample:
- Nitrate / Chemical (MUST be kept cold! / chilled, on ice)
- Monday - Wednesday, 7:30 a.m. ~ 3:00 p.m.
If you have questions regarding the information above, please call (509) 422-7140.
Water Sample Pickup Available on the First Monday of Each Month*
* First water pickup at City Halls for 2023 will be on TUESDAY 01/03/2023, following the New Year's holiday.
For your convenience, we have coordinated with local area city halls for a water sample pickup service.
You may drop off your water testing samples according to the following schedule:
|Oroville City Hall||9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
|Tonasket City Hall||9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon|
|Brewster City Hall||9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|Pateros City Hall||9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
|Winthrop City Hall||9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.|
|Twisp City Hall||9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.|
- If a Monday pickup service falls on a holiday, there will be no service that day. The pickup day will occur the next business day instead.
- Reminder! If Nitrate water samples are left at a city hall for pickup, the sample MUST be kept cold, either by refrigeration or by leaving it on ice.
For answers to your questions about water sample testing, please call the OCPHD Water Laboratory direct line at (509) 422-7395.