Official public record of all recorded documents in Okanogan County are maintained by the Auditor's Recording Department. Recorded documents include, but are not limited to, deeds, mortgages, judgments, liens, surveys, plats, mining claims, boundary line adjustments, marriage licenses, etc..

In March 2007, the Recording Department started using the EagleRecorder Imaging System to index, scan and store the image of documents that are recorded. If you come into the Auditor's Office, this system allows instantaneous viewing of the documents as well as computerized searching capabilities and copying of the documents. Documents from 1993 to present can be accessed with this system.

Documents recorded prior to 1993 have been scanned and are available for copying. Some Okanogan County documents are available on line at

If you want to request a copy of a document, you can email us at The cost will be $1 a copy and searches are $8 search.

Birth and death certificates

Birth and death certificates are not handled by the Auditor's Office. Contact the Okanogan County Health District for more information about these certificates. (509) 422-7140

Water Rights Information

For Water Rights Information contact the Department of Ecology.

15 W Yakima Ave, Suite 200
Yakima, WA 98902-3401
1 (800) 468-0261

Water Rights Research: (509) 575-2597
Water Rights Claims Information: (509) 575-2396

Mining Claim Information

For Mining Claim Information, copies of the latest regulations, etc., contact the Bureau of Land Management.

Bureau of Land Management
Oregon State Office
PO Box 2965
Portland, OR 97208-2965
(503) 952-6166