Property Tax Exemption
You may qualify for an exemption from all or part of your property tax on your residence if you meet the following qualifications:
- You are at least 61 years of age or permanently disabled (unable to pursue an occupation).
- You own and occupy a house, mobile home or unit of a cooperative housing association.
- You and your spouse or co-tenant(s) has a combined gross income (including social security benefits) of $ 40,000 or less.
The exemption varies depending on your income. To obtain an application or have more questions, contact us.
Single Family Dwelling Improvement Exemption (RCW 84.36.400) (WAC 458-16-080)
You may be able to file an exemption from property taxes on any physical improvement to your home.
- This exemption would be for three assessment years.
- The exemption must be filed prior to completion of the addition/improvement.
- You must receive and file the form with the County Assessor in the county that the property is located.
- The amount of the exemption shall not exceed 30% of the value of the dwelling prior to the improvements.
- This exemption shall not be allowed on the same dwelling more than once every five years.
IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT US.
Click here to email the Assessor