Okanogan County Superior Court
The Okanogan County Superior Court is now accepting applications for a Superior Court Judicial Assistant. Starting salary is $2,885 per month plus benefits.
This is a professional level position providing judicial assistance for the Superior Court. This position entails three distinct, defined job responsibilities currently existing within the Okanogan County Superior Court: the Bailiff, the Court Facilitator and the Court Programmer/Scheduler. Each position shall be sufficiently cross-trained so as to perform, with a high level of competence, the duties of each other and shall be the overall position of a Judicial Assistant. It is expected that the judicial assistants will operate as part of a supportive team and will be required to cross train and rotate regularly as established by the Administrator or Judges.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess valid Washington State drivers’ license.
- An Associate’s Degree from a fully accredited college in business
management, criminal justice or a closely related field with a minimum of two
years’ experience in the Washington State Court System or equivalent education
or experience in a closely related field. Depending on qualifications,
educational and experience requirements may be waived.
- Working knowledge or proven ability to comprehend federal, state, and local
laws, including mandatory forms relating to Title 26 cases and proceedings.
- Working knowledge of Superior Court rules, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of legal terminology, documents, and document processing
- Working knowledge of Okanogan County social service agencies and legal
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Must be willing to train in order to perform all functions within this position.
Please submit all required documents including Okanogan County Application for Employment, Addendum to Employment, Signed Job Description, resume and letter of interest. Submit all paperwork to the Okanogan County Superior Court, P.O. Box 112, Okanogan, WA 98840 Attn: Dennis T. Rabidou. Position is open until filled; first review November 18, 2019. Interviews may start as soon as applications are received. EOE