Okanogan County Public Works - Highway 97 Shop
The Parts Specialists primary responsibility is to identify, locate and purchase parts and supplies to repair and maintain county equipment and facilities. Maintain accurate records and files on all materials and repairs made to county equipment and facilities. Starting Salary 18.64 per hour with full benefits.
Normal duties include, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Identify, locate, and purchase quality parts and supplies at the lowest cost and within the budget set by the Fleet Manager.
- Maintain parts inventory, billings, vehicle repair, and maintenance records on county computer system.
- Check freight and check for condition, shortages and discrepancies; stock shelves.
- Perform general maintenance and up-keep in parts area.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Fleet Manager.
Perform the day-to-day recycle operations including but not restricted to:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Three (3) years’ experience in automotive or heavy equipment parts, inventory, and computer methods.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work; perform work with a great degree of accuracy.
- Physical strength sufficient to allow handling of normal vehicle parts and supplies.
- Flagging card.
- Possession of a valid Washington State Driver’s License. A satisfactory three (3) year past driving history.
- Ability to maintain a current First Aid and C.P.R. certification.
Online: Click Here
Offline: Please submit a completed Okanogan County Application for Employment in person to Okanogan County Commissioners Office/Human Resources at 123 5th Ave North, Okanogan WA before 5:00 p.m. July 6, 2020. EOE