Okanogan County is currently accepting applications for a full-time Custodian. Hours for this position are Monday thru Friday with some early mornings and evenings required. Salary for this position is $13.50 per hour.
This position is responsible for performing routine and special custodial, janitorial and maintenance functions to the assigned County facilities/buildings to maintain their safe, clean, efficient operation and presentation. Individuals assigned to this classification are expected to be competent in their skill area and to perform proficiently and independently those assignments of a regular and recurring nature. Work is normally performed in accordance with established and well-known policies, procedures and practices under general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. Supervisor will check progress of work and provide instructions on accomplishing unusual problems or the use of unfamiliar equipment. Individuals will typically be assigned to a regular work site; however, work site assignments will be subject to change as determined by supervisors with no notice requirements.
- Requires one year of work experience as a custodian/janitor in a commercial or institutional environment.
- Requires knowledge of the field of assignment sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by examples in the above job description (click on title).
- Possession of a valid Washington State Drivers License.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a comprehensive, in-depth background investigation that shows no criminal activity that could directly affect the ability to perform the job.
- Individuals assigned to this position work in the capacity of a confidential employee. Any breach of these terms and conditions of employment may result in immediate discipline, up to and including termination.
- Ability to pass a safety exam once a year.
Please submit a resume and completed Okanogan County Application for Employment to Human Resource at 123 5th Ave., Room 150, Okanogan, WA 98840 or email to Shelley Keitzman. Applications will be accepted until 5pm, August 3rd, 2020. Open until filled - EOE