Okanogan County is currently recruiting for the position of Fairgrounds Facilities Event Coordinator. This is a Full Time Exempt nonunion position with a salary range of $2,885 to $3,507 month DOE. The position also includes a substantial paid benefits package (medical, vision, dental and life insurance, retirement, paid holidays, sick leave and annual leave).
The Event Coordinator is responsible for the management of the facilities, staff, budget, marketing, and logistics for the Okanogan County Facilities and Fair Grounds. Duties also include working with the Fair Advisory Committee to coordinate production of the annual Okanogan County Fair. This position must maintain effective working relationships with other personnel, special interest groups, outside agencies, the general public, and must abide by County policies/procedures and State/Federal regulations.
- High School Diploma, GED, or higher education degree.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- A degree in Recreation/Tourism, Event Planning, Public Relations, Marketing, or other closely related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience managing a venue that hosts events of all sizes, with project, contract, and financial management responsibilities.
- Experience and/or knowledge of facilities maintenance.
- Experience in the development and successful operation of promotion and advertising programs.
- Familiarity with the Facilities major events/patrons (Okanogan County Fair, Vintage Faire, etc...)
Online: Click Here
Offline: Please submit an Okanogan County Application for Employment and resume to: Okanogan County Human Resources 123 5th Ave N #150, Okanogan, WA 98840, email Shelley Keitzman/Human Resources Assistant. Call 509-422-7169 with any questions. Position is open until filled - First Review October 29, 2019.