The office of the Okanogan County Commissioners is accepting applications for the full time position Deputy Clerk of the Board. Salary range is $2,885-$3,507 per month. This is a non-union position with excellent benefits, which include vacation and sick leave, medical and dental insurance, retirement, life insurance and paid holidays. DOE
Primary Function and Purpose:
The employee in this position is responsible for providing confidential administrative support to the Clerk of the Board and County Commissioners; serves as the primary point of contact for the commissioners’ office. Provides receptionist/clerical duties for the commissioners’ office. The employee in this position must be able to exercise good judgment, maintain confidentiality, and deliver courteous service and a high level of professionalism when working with Department Heads/Elected Officials, County Personnel, other agencies, and the general public. This position works under the guidance of Local, State, and Federal regulations, and must abide by County/Department policies and procedures. The employee in this position is expected to handle a broad scope of proprietary and private information, including matters related to personnel. Ability to maintain confidentiality collectively and individually for those issues legally defined as confidential to local governments and the skill to determine the difference between confidential and public record information with cooperation with the Prosecutor. Provides clerical support for a variety of boards and commissions. Monitors contracts and agreements, ensuring compliance with applicable policies and regulations and handles accounts payable for a variety of funds. Above average computer and communication skills are required. Ability to meet all responsibilities and requirements related to a small department with three (3) equal elected commissioners. Utilize RCW’s, WAC’s, and other resource materials as needed. This position is excluded from all bargaining units and is non-exempt from FLSA. This position is "At Will". The employee works at the pleasure of the Clerk of the Board and Board of County Commissioners.
Minimum Qualifications:High school diploma or GED
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Requires knowledge of the field of assignment sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by examples in the above job description, AND
- Requires three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in local government requiring little or no supervision and significant responsibility in a confidentiality setting OR any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Criminal history and background check will be performed on qualified candidates. Convictions may preclude candidates from employment in certain circumstances.
Offline: Please submit a completed Okanogan County Application for Employment, Cover Letter and Resume to: Clerk of the Board – Lalena Johns, 123 5th Ave N., Rm 150, Okanogan, WA 98840. Application deadline is September 29, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Please contact Human Resources at 509-422-7169 should you have any questions. Click on the Job Title above for the job description