Okanogan County Building Department
The Okanogan County Building Department is accepting applications for the full time position of Building Inspector I. The beginning salary is $3060 per month with excellent benefits.
Scope of Responsibility: The Building Inspector performs inspection of commercial, residential, and public buildings to ensure compliance with the county and state building codes. Responsibilities vary depending on the building inspection scheduling and specialty factors and include reviewing plans for code compliance and processing building permit applications, advising the general public on matters relating to construction and other code requirements, and providing technical information to architects, engineers, contractors, and other persons. Work is performed independently and may include coordinating with colleagues or coaching other employees.
- Requires knowledge, skill and abilities of the field of assignment sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately
the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by examples in the above job description and the following knowledge,
skills and abilities.
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Three years’ experience in building construction industry.
- Current ICC Certification as a building inspector or must be accomplished within 12 months of hire.
- Possession of a current valid Washington State Driver's License.
- Knowledge, understanding and familiarity of Okanogan County.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of assigned functions, programs and operations.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in design and construction.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in inspection and code enforcement.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers.
- Computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and statistical databases.
- Methods and techniques of public relations.
Please submit a completed Okanogan County Application for Employment, Resume and Letter of Interest to Okanogan County Human Resources 123 5th Ave N. Room 115, Okanogan, WA 98840 or by email to: email@example.com Application deadline March 9, 2021. Position is open until filled.