Okanogan County Lodging Tax

Lodging Tax Advisory Committee

The Okanogan County Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) (members determined by RCW 67.28.1817) shall advise the Board of County Commissioners on the appropriation of the annual investment of lodging tax revenues which the county receives from businesses that provide overnight transient lodging. LTAC membership is designated by commissioner resolution (125-2014) and by individual appointment letters by the Board of County Commissioners. LTAC membership include three representatives from the hotel industry (collectors), three representatives of agencies that qualify and use lodging tax (receivers), and is chaired by an elected member of the Board of County Commissioners. One collector and one receiver each serve one of the three Okanogan County Commissioner Districts. Persons who are both collectors and receivers may not serve on the LTAC. The LTAC shall meet as often as necessary, but no less than four times annually.



What are “Lodging Tax Funds?”


·         Lodging taxes are paid when people purchase lodging, such as renting a room at a hotel or staying in an RV park within the unincorporated areas of the county.


How can those funds be used?


·         Washington State law (RCW 67.28.1815) requires that funds be expended “…solely for the purpose of paying all or part of the cost of tourism promotion, acquisition of tourism-related facilities, or operation of tourism-related facilities…”


Tourism promotion is defined as


 “…activities and expenditures designed to increase tourism, including but not limited to advertising, publicizing or otherwise distributing information for purpose of attracting and welcoming tourists; developing strategies to expand tourisms; operating tourism, promotion agencies and funding marketing of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists. 


Who can apply for funds?


Who decides which applications get funded?


How do I apply?


Below are links to our three different types of applications for Lodging Tax funding as well as the instructions. The instructions apply to all three applications.

Fill-In Applications are Automatically submitted.
If a fill-in application is submitted, you are NOT
required to submit a corresponding paper copy.


2021 Printable Application-Capital Improvements

2021 Printable Application-Event & Year-Round Marketing & Promotion

2021 Printable Application-Visitor Information Center