Okanogan County Noxious Weed Board
Okanogan County Noxious Weed Department is accepting applications for the position of Field Inspector. This position has a starting salary of $2,227 per month plus a generous benefit package that includes – paid vacation, sick leave, medical, vision, dental, life insurance and retirement.
This individual will assist the Manager/Field Supervisor in all phases of the weed control program, including providing office support and will be responsible for their own record keeping, photos posting information and landowner contact. Individual will work outside to perform the work and inspections as necessary and in the office to keep the proper records as required by Policy/ Procedure and RCW17.10.
- Must be age 18 with High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid Washington Driver’s License
- A reliable vehicle of their own. The vehicle will be required to
travel off of paved roads
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand the State Weed Law and carry out actions that
may be necessary. Must be able to put in long hours during the field
- Computer knowledge with Excel & Word; familiar with County; maps and
- Washington State Department of Agriculture Pesticide Consultants
license with an Ag Weed endorsement (Or the ability to acquire these
license within 45 days of employment)
- Knowledge of GIS/GPS data collection
- Familiarity of Microsoft office programs such as Publisher & Power Point
- WSDA Consultants license with Turf and Ornamental, and Aquatic
Online: Click Here
Offline: Please submit a completed Okanogan County Application for Employment, resume and cover letter expressing your interest to Okanogan County Noxious Weed Office, 1234 S 2nd Ave, Suite B, Okanogan, WA 98840. Applications will be accepted in person or mail and can be downloaded from this web page. First review of applications will be October 8, 2018. Position will be open until filled.