Okanogan County is accepting applications for Senior Clerk within the Okanogan County Commissioners’ Office. This is a mid-level position working in an office setting. The individual assigned to this classification will maintain cooperative, effective, and productive working relationships with elected officials, both state and local, department heads, the general public, attorneys and judges, in order to assure that the functions of the Commissioners' executive divisions are performed in a manner consistent with sound public relations techniques. Position requires considerable knowledge of the regulations, laws and procedures relating to the function of the Department. This position reports to and is supervised by the Clerk of the Board and must maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Starting Salary of $2,415 per month with a generous benefits package. (Click on the position title for the complete job description.)
- High school diploma, GED certificate or equivalent.
- Requires knowledge of the field of assignment sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by examples in the above job description, AND
- Requires two (2) years of progressively responsible Administrative support experience in an office dealing with legal or legislative matters; OR any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities to fulfill typical duties.
- Proficient with software applications including Outlook, word processing and Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills, proofreading, punctuation, grammar and composition.
- Ability to keyboard accurately at 55 words per minute.
- Interpersonal skills to interact and work with a variety of County employees and the public.
- Possession of a valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Four (4) years progressive experience in county government.
- Certified Municipal Clerk or paralegal certification.
- Knowledge of parliamentary procedures.
- College level course work in business, accounting, or related field.
Online: Click Here
Offline: A completed Okanogan County Application for Employment, with cover letter and resume must be received in person or by mail at the Okanogan County Commissioners Office, 123 5th Ave N., Room 150, Okanogan, WA 98840 or you may apply online by clicking on the link above. Applications accepted no later than 5:00 pm Friday, September 7, 2018.