WSU Okanogan Extension – SNAP-Ed Nutrition Educator
WSU Extension Okanogan County - Okanogan
WSU is hiring an 80% time Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 2. This position is with the WSU Extension Food $ense Nutrition Education program in Okanogan County. This position reports to and is supervised by Margaret Viebrock, WSU Chelan-Douglas Extension Director.
Duties include promoting life-long healthy eating behaviors, active engagement in exercise and sustaining food security among the limited resource populations in Okanogan County. This work is done primarily in schools and community settings. Duties include teaching direct and indirect education to diverse audiences of adults and youth using evidence-based curriculums. This position is part of WSU’s annual contract funded by USDA Food & Nutrition Service and currently funded through 9/30/19.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, nutrition, agriculture or related
field or equivalent education and experience.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Current automobile insurance, valid driver’s license and ability to
travel within targeted area.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the WSU
- Must have or be able to obtain within 14 days of hire, a valid
Washington State Food Handler’s Permit.
- Knowledge of PSE initiatives designed to support behavior change
- Demonstrated experience with planning, organizing, problem solving
and successfully completing multiple projects with specific deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a community based or
public school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver educational programs.
- Demonstrated experience or training in nutrition or food service
- Demonstrated experience creating, facilitating and maintaining
- Demonstrated ability to communication both orally and in writing.
- Organization skills to keep records and monitor program process and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience or knowledge in using electronic communication methods
and equipment for extension education and daily work activities.
- Experience or skills in cooking.
- Bilingual/bi-cultural for work with Native American and Latino youth
- Conversant in Spanish.
and see position number 118536.
For questions, call Margaret Viebrock at 509-745-8531. Position screening begins 10/1/2018.
Applicants must attach the following documents to the online application: (1) Resume, (2) cover letter clearly communicating how the applicant meets required and preferred qualifications and (3) contact information for at least 3 professional references.
Extension employment is available to all without discrimination. WSU is an EEO/AA employer.